There is so much happening at Camp Mini-Yo-We as we look ahead to Summer 2023!
If you didn’t hear the big news during our New For 2023 Online Event, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Check out this quick re-cap clip where we highlight some big updates for camper families!
Big News Video Re-Cap
LIT Applications Are Exploding!
We are seeing an incredible increase in the number of applications to our Leaders in Training program for youth turning 16 by December 31, 2023. Normally at this time of year we may have a few dozen applications and by the summer a “big” year would be 50 LITs. Right now we’re sitting at 73 applications for LIT 2023! We are so excited to see the interest in this program. If you are interested in LIT for next summer now is the time to take the first step and get your application in.
LIT is our premier leadership program that takes place over four weeks and is designed for young leaders looking for a challenging and life-changing experience. The program focuses on developing your Christian faith, growing your abilities as a leader and equipping you to serve on staff at Mini-Yo-We in the future. You can learn more about the Leaders in Training program and apply online here.
Hilltop Is Back & Better Than Ever!
Hilltop was launched in Summer 2022 and was a major hit! So many sessions of Hilltop were already sold out for Summer 2023 that we’ve gone ahead and added in additional capacity for this program!
Don’t know what Hilltop is? This was a brand new experience for our oldest campers (ages 13-15) at Boys Camp and Girls Camp. While these campers remained fully integrated into these two core programs, there are certain times of the week where we built in co-ed experiences where older boys and girls got together for even more fun! These times included things such as a:
- Sunday night welcome reception and “get to know you” games.
- Wednesday night Yo-We Ball and a leadership talk!
- Thursday afternoon offsite hike to Arrowhead Provincial Park.
Check out our dates and rates for Summer 2023 and register today!
Over $1 Million Invested!
While COVID-19 was discouraging in many ways, one of the advantages for Camp was the opportunity to spend additional time investing in and improving our facility. Our team has spent nearly $1.5 million on improvements around the facility to provide the best possible experience to our campers.
What’s changed? Here are a few of the things we’ve been working on:
- All new waterfronts for our campers! We’ve replaced our docks, improved access and increased safety when campers are in Mary Lake!
- Brand new washrooms! We replaced washrooms across Boys Camp and Girls Camp to improve the camper experience!
- Campfire Point upgrade! We completely re-did Campfire Point at Girls Camp to increase safety and improve evening campfires!
- Property Upgrades! Nearly every building got fresh paint, new paths and steps improve walking around and more!
- Upgraded First Aid Station! No one likes to go to the nurse.. but if you do we’ve got a greatly improved facility to care for campers!
This year we’re in the midst of replacing the Public Washroom in the heart of Girls Camp. Learn more and donate today to help volunteers!