How it Works!
From this page you can send a message to a camper at Camp Mini-Yo-We! Just fill out the form below and your message will be delivered to the camper along with the regular postal mail.
Our team has seen thousands of camper messages over the years and how campers respond to them when they are read. Here are a few tips for writing a great message that will improve your child's week!
Stay Positive // Messages that are uplifting and encouraging can help kids transition well into a new environment. Encourage your child to try new things, ask good questions and have fun outdoors! Avoid messaging that may lead to homesickness - such as:
- "Mommy cries all the time because she misses you so much"
- "You missed the most fun day we've ever had as a family"
- "I hope you aren't having a hard time sleeping because you miss us"
Avoid Serious Issues // Messages are best kept lighthearted and fun. Avoid addressing any serious issues about camp or home life as many campers read these letters by themselves and may struggle to process that information. If necessary, you can always contact our office and we can relay information to your child in a more appropriate manor. Avoid topics such as:
- Pets passing away or major life events at home
- Concerns around bullying or issues with other campers while at camp
- Other serious issues best left for face-to-face conversation.