Merry Christmas from Camp Mini-Yo-We! This is the time of year when we pause the busyness of life and celebrate the birth of Jesus. For many of us, it’s also a season when we give back to the causes that mean the most to us. Camp Mini-Yo-We is a non-profit, and we rely on the generous donations of friends (like you!) to help us do what God has called us to do!
We’re kicking off our 2018 Christmas Campaign with a focus on two areas where your financial gifts will help push Mini-Yo-We forward in 2019. This year you’ll be helping us in the following critically important areas around Camp:
Accelerate our Leadership Development Pathway Programs
Our mission at Camp Mini-Yo-We is to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. For 2019, we’re making some changes to three of our leadership pathway programs to help us develop better leaders.
- Leaders in Training // We are adding 12 months of development opportunities including monthly check-ins, one-on-one coaching sessions with our leadership development staff, and three weekend retreats in addition to the six week summer program.
- Enterprise // This program has grown by 30%, and we want to increase our staffing, improve the Enterprise accommodations, and provide more follow-up after the summer.
- Mini-Yo-We Internship// We are adding new monthly leadership development experiences for our year-round interns to provide more value to this vitally important community of leaders at Mini-Yo-We!
Kick-off Our Washroom Revitalization Project
We have four washrooms at Mini-Yo-We that are in their fifth decade of operation! These facilities have served us well, but now it’s time to revitalize these washrooms to serve us for the future. Imagine a family washroom at your house that has lived past it’s time; now imagine it gets used by 2,500 kids every summer! Our goal is to fund one washroom to be completed in the spring of 2019. Your donation to the Christmas Campaign will help us get this project done! Our new revitalized washrooms include:
- The latest in accessibility requirements
- Easy to clean surfaces for our volunteer and custodial teams
- A reduced environmental impact through the use of low flush toilets and more
- Separate sides for campers and staff
We know you are being approached by lots of deserving organizations who are looking for your support at this time of year. We would be honoured if you would pray about how you can support this year’s Christmas Campaign.
We’re looking for the members of our Camp family to join this year’s campaign. We rely on your generous support to fund these important areas. Take a look at this giving chart to see how you can help us reach our goal!
Our goal is to raise $98,000 before December 31st, 2018. Your gift would go a long way to ensure a strong launch into 2019. Follow this link to learn more and to make a donation now.