There are a number of really important days in our annual cycle here at Camp Mini-Yo-We, days that stick out as a big deal for us. Here are just a few that we look forward to every year:
- First day of summer programs // We love welcoming our new and returning summer campers!
- Kick off to our intern program // Every August we welcome a new group of year-round interns who serve at our Outdoor Centre.
- Pivot from summer to year-round programs // Every fall we switch our property and programming to serving visiting groups and every June we return to serving our summer guests.
- Discount “cliffs” // We offer a number of early bird sign-ups throughout the year which many people take advantage of when registering for our programs.
- Special events // Throughout the year, we host various special events including Family Day, our annual Open House, the Alumni Fundraising Dinner, and more!
However, over the last few years, October 15th has become an increasingly important day in Camp’s calendar. In many ways, it is one of the most important days of our entire year.
On October 15, 2018, applications open for our Leadership Pathway Programs for 2019.
Our mission at Camp Mini-Yo-We is to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life changing adventures in God’s creation. These programs are at the very heart of what we do at Camp, which is to work with young leaders to see them develop and grow. Each of these programs are geared towards helping young people take that next step in their leadership journey. The applications for the following four programs open next Monday, and we want the young leaders in your life to apply. That’s a big deal to us!
Enterprise (Ages 14-16)
Teens participate in two weeks of leadership development, personal discipleship, and outdoor adventure. This experience teaches our developing leaders the value of being a servant, which we believe is the bedrock of leading others. This program is the start of our process of transforming campers into leaders in our ministry!
Click here to apply to Enterprise 2019!
Leaders in Training (Ages 16-17)
Young leaders engage in personal growth as leaders, Christ followers, and outdoor adventurers! This program is the heart of our leadership development strategy and the gateway for young people joining our team. For decades, our LIT program has been at the leading edge of developing the next generation in the character, cadence, and competencies of leadership. Using a mixture of learning styles, our LIT program is designed to give our future leaders a strong foundational understanding and practice of leadership.
New for LIT 2019:
- In addition to our May Long Weekend kick-off and six weeks of summer programming, we’re extending the program to a full 12 months that includes monthly check-ins with your small group leader to help you keep growing throughout the year.
- You will also have a January and March retreat getaway with your LIT cohort to keep you connected to the community and help you develop as leaders even more!
- Watch this video with Rich and Julie to learn more!
Click here to apply to LIT 2019
Summer Staff (Ages 17-24)
You could have a summer job, but why not live a leadership development adventure at the same time instead?! Serving on the summer staff team at Camp Mini-Yo-We is an experience infused with leadership development. From our extra-long staff training to in-service opportunities for further development, we’ve crafted our summer staff experience to maximize the growth of the young people who serve at Camp every summer. Our goal is to transform Camp Mini-Yo-We into the best place for young people to work in Canada because of the incredible experience that it is! Read this to see why serving at Camp is a great choice: 5 Reasons Serving at Camp is Better than a Burger Joint
Click here to be notified immediately when our Summer Staff applications launch!
Year-Round Internship (Ages 18-25)
The final phase of our leadership development journey is for young adults to join us for a year working at our Outdoor Centre as an intern. This experience combines running programming for our year-round guest groups with in-service training and discipleship to help launch young leaders into the rest of their lives. Our interns get exposure to the leadership and operation of our ministry through one-on-one mentoring, team meetings, road trips, and more. Our next cohort of interns begin their internship in August 2019 and we’re looking for engaged young people to join us!
Click here to be notified immediately when our Year-Round Internship applications launch!
Who can you encourage to apply next week?
Do you know young leaders who are looking to take their leadership to the next level? Next week we begin the process of helping young leaders take their next step by considering being a part of these programs. We’d love to have them apply and connect with us!