We are on the cusp of another generation change at Camp Mini-Yo-We and in the broader culture today. The Millennial Generation is giving way to Generation Z (also known as Post-Millennials, the iGeneration, Founders, Plurals, or the Homeland Generation). While there is a lot being said about the Millennials in news media today, at Mini-Yo-We we’re already thinking about Generation Z. In fact, here are just a few articles that have been written about the Millennials in just the last month or so:
- How Millennials Will Change Your Business
- The Reason So Many Older People Misunderstand Millennials
- Do Top Dollar Salaries Really Matter To Millennials?
Millennials are born between 1982 and 2004 [ref] and we’ve had the privilege of serving with millennials for the last 20 years or so! However, starting this summer the oldest of the next generation … Generation Z … is starting to develop as leaders at Mini-Yo-We and we’re excited to greet them! This generation was born after 2004 and is still being born today … we look forward to serving them for years to come! Our “big idea” at Camp Mini-Yo-We is to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. We’ve been doing this for over 70 summers and excited to continue with this next generation. In fact, we’ve developed four generations of leaders at Camp and are excited to start working on our fifth! Our team has a number of opportunities for next generation leaders from Generation Z to plug into:
- Enterprise // Ages: 14-16 // Enterprise is our unique two week co-ed junior leadership program for youth ages 14-16. Future leaders get to serve behind the scenes at Camp Mini-Yo-We as well as participate in a wide range of camp activities. I love Enterprise because it focuses on the value of initiative … seeing needs to be done and doing it! This program is selling out quickly … so drop by this link today for more information and to apply!
- Leaders in Training // Ages: 16-17 // LIT is our premier leadership program for individuals ages 16-17. This unique 5-week program is for those committed to growing as servant leaders through challenging and life-changing experiences. My own daughter participated in LIT last summer and it was amazing for her. I really do think it’s the very heart of what do at Camp Mini-Yo-We. We already have more people signed up for this coming summer’s LIT program as last year so follow this link to learn how to plug in today!
- Summer Staff // Ages 17+ // Serving at Mini-Yo-We for a series of summers is a leadership development experience second to none. Our summer camp directors work hard to ensure that summer staff are challenged and encouraged to grow. You’ll have an opportunity to grow spiritually, emotionally, physically and intellectually as you put the Mini-Yo-We Mission into action. (Plus our Summer Staff Team position pay! We’re literally paying you to grow your leadership capacity!) We are looking for team members for this summer and we’d be honoured for you to apply today.
- Year Round Internship // Ages 18+ // Every Fall a small group of “post-high school” students join us to be a part of the Mini-Yo-We Internship. Interns experience “community living” at Mini-Yo-We through the entire year and help us host Outdoor Centre groups from September to June. They also engage in our summer camp programs in July and August. We provide mentoring and learning experiences throughout the entire experience. This program is an excellent option for the young leader looking to get their faith and leadership set before heading to college or university! If you are interested in learning more check out this link!
Camp Mini-Yo-We has been developing leaders for over 70 years and we’re ready to serve Generation Z leaders as they are growing in their leadership too.