Imagine what it would be like to be outdoors in Muskoka, leading one of your favourite activities on an incredible summer day. (Ahhh … doesn’t that sound amazing?)
It would be so exciting to see a Mini-Yo-We camper try something new and conquer a new challenge!
Camp Mini-Yo-We’s mission is to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. Being a part of our Activity Leader Team that consistently delivers incredible experiences for our guests is a rewarding and adventure-filled opportunity! It’s a real summer job, and we still have openings for you in the summer of 2023.
What Do Activity leaders Do?
Activity Leaders serve by facilitating memorable and quality adventures for our campers! They are trained in specific skills and are responsible for setting up and putting away equipment, teaching activities to campers from various programs and tracking repairs as needed.
You will be on one of four teams of Activity Leaders. You will be trained to provide unique 90-minute experiences for our campers in one of these four areas. Each team has a team leader whose role is to support you and ensure that you are loving your job. The four activity teams are:
- Rocks & Ropes Team
- Flying Squirrel
- The Summit
- Water Team
- Paddleboarding (NEW)
- Tubing (NEW)
- Classic Team
- Mountain Biking
- Wilderness Adventure
- Discovery Team
- Stand Up Paddling (NEW)
- Archery (NEW)
- Indoor Rock Climbing (NEW)
- Fishing (NEW)
- Inflatable Slide
- Wilderness Hike
- Parachute Games
- Gaga Ball & Tetherball
- Low Ropes
While your primary focus as an Activity Leader will be to provide incredible experiences for campers from across Mini-Yo-We, you will also be partnered with a cabin as a secondary leader for that small community. The cabins will have Cabin Leaders, but you will provide some extra support to that leader in the mornings and evenings. While you won’t have the primary responsibility for the camper experience, you will still have the opportunity to:
- Live in a section at Boys Camp, Girls Camp or Discovery Camp (and participate in all the fun of that!).
- Help out with evening programs including campfires!
- Get at least 90 minutes off every day.
- Participate in personal development experiences every week. (New for 2023!)
- Be a part of the mealtime fun that is a Mini-Yo-We tradition!
Here are a few frequently asked questions about the Activity Leader role at Camp Mini-Yo-We:
- How many activity periods will Activity Leaders lead every day?
- There are five activity periods every day. You’ll get the opportunity to help at most of them.
- Where will Activity Leaders live?
- Each Activity Leader will stay in a camper cabin.
- How old do Activity Leaders need to be?
- Activity Leaders need to be 17 years of age by December 31, 2023.
- Is this a new role at Mini-Yo-We?
- We’ve been planning it for several years and launched it in the summer of 2022. We have plans to develop this experience even more in 2023!
- Why is this role being added to Mini-Yo-We?
- Having more young leaders at Camp allows us to do more leadership development experiences for all our staff and will help us to improve our camper experience.
Interested in Learning More or Applying?
Perfect! We’d love to have you apply. Here are your next steps:
- Learn more about this role in this job description.
- Start your application here.
- Remember to select “Activity Leader” when asked what position you’d be interested in.
Do You Have More Questions About Being an Activity Leader?
Totally understandable. We’re here to help. Reach out to our team. Fill in the “New to Camp?” form on this page. This will help you access our team’s calendar, and we’ll schedule a call to answer any questions you still have.
We’re looking forward to building an incredible team of Activity Leaders this summer at Camp Mini-Yo-We. If you know someone who would be a great fit, pass along this blog post to them!