You have a lot of options when it comes to summer jobs. You could work at a burger joint flipping burgers, deep frying fries, and sweating it out with impatient customers. You could buy a trailer and try to start a grass cutting business and have to wonder every week whether the grass will grow enough by next week to justify a cut. Or maybe you could get a job in retail with not enough (or too many!) hours to make the paycheck worth it.
Considering some of those other options, choosing to serve at Camp Mini-Yo-We on our summer 2020 team is a wise choice! You have a limited number of summers in your youth to invest in an experience like this, and we don’t want you to miss this opportunity. For over 70 years, young leaders like you have made the same decision, and although we could write books filled with the reasons why it’s a smart decision, here are just a handful:
- Be a Part of Something Bigger Than Yourself // We all want to be a part of something that makes a difference. This summer, we anticipate that we will serve over 2,000 individual campers. By being a part of our team, you will get a front-row seat to see God make a difference! You will see child-like faith first-hand and that will shape your own relationship with Jesus. You’ll get the chance to experience the rich rewards of learning to rely on God’s strength. Past team members continually tell us about how being stretched spiritually and growing in an excellent Christian environment deeply affected their own lives in positive ways.
- Develop Leadership Skills That Will Last a Lifetime // Our mission at Camp Mini-Yo-We is to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. For over seven decades, our alumni have reported that being on our team grew their leadership abilities, and it’s served them for the rest of their lives. You will learn new skills and obtain dynamic experience. You’ll get a chance to attend our staff training, which will help prepare you to meet the challenge. You’ll work alongside and learn from experienced staff like our summer directors who watch out for your personal welfare and growth.
- Friendships to Help You Down the Road // Time and again, our alumni tell us that one of the greatest benefits of working at Mini-Yo-We are the valuable friendships they made at Camp and have relied on for years. You will experience a deep sense of community at staff meetings where you will worship, share, and pray together. You’ll get a chance to attend our Mid-Summer Party, an annual tradition that allows our staff to enjoy Mini-Yo-We for themselves in the middle of summertime! Friendship building at Camp is about bonding you with a community of people you can depend on in the fall and well into the future.
- A Time to Refresh // Working in Muskoka in the summertime is epic! Camp primarily offers the chance to enjoy God’s creation away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Whether it’s reading quietly by a misty lake on your day off or enjoying an incredible sunset after a long day of serving, many of our team members say that the chance to be in nature for a whole summer is a huge benefit of serving with us. Our team works hard to ensure that every team member gets downtime to relax and reflect on what they are experiencing at Mini-Yo-We.
- It’s About You Growing // We believe that choosing to serve our campers makes the best environment for you to grow and develop. We’ve seen it time and again; as our team puts aside their own interests and gives it all for our campers, they learn something about themselves and the world around them. We support this experience through our directors and by crafting your experience to maximize your growing potential. We also hire a professional counselor that is available to help you process difficult situations that might come up throughout the summer. We follow up throughout the year with extra learning experiences to help you apply the lessons of the summertime to the rest of your life!
- Other Staff Perks // We are always looking for ways to make this experience better for our summer staff. Over the last few years, we’ve added a number of perks to make being on the team even better. Whether it’s Summer’s End (an exclusive camp just for our L.I.T.s and summer staff to finish off the summer) or team retreats in the fall to reflect on the summer, we are always looking for ways to make being a staff member better for you. It might be small things like iced coffee on a hot summer day, a free staff shirt, or an Honour Coin; each of these things are designed to make your experience with us exceptional. Keep an eye out for more ways that we’re making your experience great!
Join our team and be a part of Camp Mini-Yo-We’s Summer Staff for 2020! Be honest, what’s a better summer job than that? We’d be honoured to have you join our team this coming summer. Your next best move is to apply early. Drop by our website today and start your journey towards what might be the best summer of your life.