Camp Mini-Yo-We is looking forward to its 75th summer! That’s right … for 75 summers, campers have been making the trek to Mary Lake in the heart of Muskoka to be a part of this amazing community.
We have decided to transition the core of our programming for Summer 2021 to family programming, as we do not yet have the go-ahead or any approved guidance from the Ontario Government for overnight children’s camps.
This decision comes after much prayer and consideration. Our year-round staff team had been working hard all year to make sure the camp was ready to host children. However, time has run out for this summer. We can’t keep waiting for the provincial government to provide approved guidance – we need to move forward. Our year-round staff team and board have come to this decision only after long and careful consideration.
Our mission is to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. By making the transition to family programming we are able to guarantee that we can work with the amazing young leaders on our staff! At the core of the decision was a consideration of how best to secure the opportunity to work with next-generation leaders. We wanted to guarantee this group an opportunity for this summer and promote the development of a team for next summer.
Family Adventures 2021 // Even more adventures for your family this summer!
We are reshaping what we do so we can offer some amazing new adventures for your family this summer. We have hosted nearly 1,000 guests since the start of the pandemic in these family-friendly formats and we look forward to accelerating the transition through these new offerings:
- A Week Away // Kids take their parents to camp for a whole week!
- This is your opportunity to “do camp” with your whole family! Jump in the lake. Zip down the Skyline together. Channel your inner Robin Hood at archery. A Week Away is just what your family needs this summer.
- Sunday evening to Saturday morning, starting July 4.
- A Day Away // Escape for a day in Muskoka this summer!
- Get out of the city and into Muskoka. You’ll have the opportunity to try everything Camp Mini-Yo-We offers, including archery, canoeing, kayaking, and the Mini-Yo-We Skyline.
- Choose a Saturday or Sunday, starting July 10.
Registration will open for both of these exciting options on Thursday, May 13 at 9:00 am. Over the coming days, we will be letting you in on more of our exciting plans, to help you prepare for the summer. Stay tuned.
We are committed to providing every family with four options for payments this year:
- Transfer Your Fees: All deposited fees can be applied to any Family Adventures program.
- Defer Your Fees to 2022: Use fees you have already paid towards registration for next summer.
- Convert Your Fees to a Donation: Request that all or a portion of your fees be converted into a tax-deductible donation.
- Get a Refund: Request a full refund. Refunds will be credited starting June 15, 2021.
If you have children registered, let us know how to process your existing payments by logging into your CampBrain profile where you will see a new form called 2021 Payment Instructions. Completing this form for each camper will instruct our Customer Care Team on how to handle your existing payments.
Here at Mini-Yo-We, we often say, “the best is yet to come.” We really believe this about our 75th summer. We’re looking forward to working with an amazing group of young leaders. We’re pumped to host your family. We’re looking forward to some outdoor fun in Muskoka under the summer sun. Thank you for your care and concern for your favourite camp ministry. Please reach out to our executive director, Rich Birch, if you have any questions.