We want your teens at PRiME this Summer! We believe it’s a worthwhile investment for you to make in the life of your student. Our team is working hard to make it an amazing week for your teens … it would be a shame for them to miss it!
August 27 – September 2
PRiME is a week-long adventure for teens that you don’t want to miss! Since PRiME uses the entire Mini-Yo-We facility we can produce some of the best camp programs in Muskoka. In the past few years we’ve built 40 foot bonfires, ran massive games of spoons, experienced a lazy afternoon floating down the Big East River, held talent shows and hosted concerts for bands like The City Harmonic, Manifest, and Abandon.
PRiME is also a great place to foster new friendships and grow deeper in your relationship with God. Each day, campers spend time in small groups discussing the Bible and the message of our daily speaker. It’s not uncommon for campers to talk about the lasting influence of PRiME as they head into school in September.
Here are five reasons we think PRiME is best for your teens in the summer of 2017:
- Launch into the Fall // School pressures are real in the life of your teens. We all know that as they head back into the fall they need some extra encouragement in their faith and personal development. PRiME is ideally timed right before Labour Day to help your teens launch into this important time of year. We have many families who report that their student’s time at PRiME is a critical part of seeing their young people’s school year start off on a great foot.
- Our Staff Team // Every summer at PRiME a great group of college & university students come back to serve on our staff team. These young leaders dedicate the week to helping our campers and share their life experiences with them. This is a huge benefit for our guests because they are just one “life phase” older which is helpful for them to envisage what that it looks like to be thriving in those years of their lives. For many high school students this is one of the few times they interact with leaders in college and university for such a focused period of time. We’re honoured to the staff who come and serve at PRiME and we know your teens will love spending time with them!
- Life-changing Adventures // Our program team pulls out all the stops of make this a fantastic week. In the past some of our most creative elements are done through this week. A highlight is always the competitions amongst the teams with all kinds of wild and wacky games. Every year there is something new and fun while a few traditions – like the annual 40+ foot tall Friday night bonfire – are still sprinkled in. The foundation of friendship is shared experiences and it’s not a surprise that lifelong friendship are forged at PRiME because of all the cool stuff our campers get to do!
- 2017 Speaker Line Up // Typically at PRiME we bring in a speaker to provide the core of the spiritual content for the week. These messages of hope have always challenged our guests to grow regardless of their background. This year, we’ve asked six leaders from leading ministries in Canada to come and answer the question “If you could give just one message to the next generation what would it be?”. Each of these leaders will challenge our PRiME guests to grow. Combined these leaders speak to almost 15,000 people every week and we’re honoured that these leading communicators are investing in our guests this summer!
- Bruxy Cavey – Teaching Pastor at The Meeting House and author of The End of the Religion & (Re)union.
- Carey Nieuwhof – Founding & Teaching Pastor at Connexus Church and author of Lasting Impact.
- Jon Thompson – Teaching & Vision Pastor at C4 Church.
- Brett Ullman – National Youth Speaker & author of multiple books.
- Kaj Ballantyne – Lead Pastor at Harvest Bible Chapel Muskoka
- Rich Birch – Executive Director at Camp Mini-Yo-We and author of Unreasonable Churches.
- Tomorrow’s Leaders Developed // PRiME is a part of our overall mission to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. For our staff who have served all summer it’s an opportunity to enjoy Mini-Yo-We for a week and be spiritually refreshed before the change in seasons. If your teens haven’t been with us before, it’s a chance to connect with our community and see our passion for developing tomorrow’s leaders. Our approach to developing leaders isn’t about sitting in classes and listening to theories, it’s about getting students active and engaged. It’s about helping develop a leader’s total person including their spiritual, emotional and intellectual selves. We believe that PRiME is a part of that process for the leaders we’re developing.
We’d be honoured to have your teens with us this summer at PRiME. Our team has been hard at work already to make this a real highlight of our summer. In fact, we believe this year’s PRiME has a shot at making lifelong memories and impact on the guests who come and participate. If you are looking for more information on PRiME drop by this page or click here to start the registration process now!